Individual academic licence via PayPal (inclusive of VAT):
All other prices in GBP, per year, exclusive of UK VAT.
Academic and commercial licences
|Single user||5 users||10 users||20 users||50 users||100 users||200 users|
|Commercial – low intensity||130||520||910||1,560||2,600||3,562||4,160|
|Commercial – mid intensity||312||1,248||2,184||3,744||6,240||8,736||9,984|
|Commercial – high intensity/lexicography||832||3,328||5,824||9,984||16,640||22,464||26,624|
Different classes of user, in terms of visits per year:
- high-intensity: over 100
- mid-intensity: over 30.
An academic is, for Sketch Engine purposes, an individual or university, using the accounts for teaching and research but not for lexicography for dictionaries to be published.
Quotas on the size of user created corpora
|First million words for each user||default, no fee|
|Additional words from 1 million to 10 million||£10 per million words per year|
|Additional words from 10 million to 30 million||£5 per million words per year|
|Additional words from 30 million to 100 million||£2 per million words per year|
|Additional words above 100 million||£1 per million words per year|
These licences give access to all students and staff at a University. They do not include WebBootCaT or other corpus-building facilities. Prices depend on size of University. A University-wide licence comes with a number of full-privileges accounts, as below: additional full accounts £20 each.
|Number of students||Small <5,000||Medium <20,000||Large <50,000|
UK universities, classified by JISC Banding
JISC Banding prices valid from November 2013 to October 2014.
Teacher and student licences
Where a teacher wants to provide licences for a group of at least five students, provided the teacher has a regular licence, a batch of six-month student licences may be bought for £10 per person. Please contact email@example.com.
Lexical Computing Ltd also offers services including preparing, installing and hosting customer's corpora on its servers. For arrangements not covered here, also including
- Use of the software on a public server
- Use of the software by robots
please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
中国大陆地区代理商为外语教学与研究出版社有限责任公司 (外研社)。中国大陆地区请联系： 客服 email: email@example.com 客服电话：86-010-88819704, 88819019
- Year runs from the date on which the account(s) is/are set up, which will usually be the date on which payment is received.
- All prices quoted (except online subscription via paypal) are net of tax:
- For non-EU customers, there are no taxes to be added
- For EU customers, VAT will be chargeable at 20 %. Non-UK, EU customers registered for VAT will be aware that services can only be invoiced net of VAT on production of their VAT registration number, and that this will be verified using V.I.E.S. (VAT Information Exchange System).
- Sketch Engine licences and hosting fees run until cancelled. Cancellation by customer on three months written notice.
- Fees paid will not be reimbursed for part-years.
- Re-allocation of user-accounts: Where accounts are for multiple users, a local administrator assigns user-accounts to individuals (at the local-administrator web interface). Each user-account will be for a named individual, and may only be used by that individual. The minimum period of such an assignment is one month.
- The customer will be invoiced annually or for users subscribed by PayPal (optionally) monthly or quarterly if the customers choose to).
- The service is provided under the following Service Level Agreement
- The customers are responsible for the copyright and other intellectual property issues of content uploaded by themselves.
- This service is provided by the copyright holders and contributors "as is" and any express or implied warranties, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are disclaimed. In no event shall Lexical Computing Ltd. be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages (including, but not limited to, procurement of substitute goods or services; loss of use, data, or profits; or business interruption) however caused and on any theory of liability, whether in contract, strict liability, or tort (including negligence or otherwise) arising in any way out of the use of this software, even if advised of the possibility of such damage.