6) Annotating your corpus
It is possible to add your own annotations to the texts in your corpora. You can use an ordinary text editor or a third party annotation software (e.g. Brat).
- Click ‘Download corpus’ in the left side menu on the corpus building page and check Format ‘vertical’ to save the corpus in a one token per line format.
- Open the saved file in the annotation editor, make annotations, save.
- Add the annotated file to the corpus, remove the old file from the corpus.
Please note the Sketch Engine accepts annotations in two forms:
- XML structures with attributes (useful for annotating phrases),
- positional attributes (useful for annotating words).
It might be required to transform the annotation tool output to a format supported by Sketch Engine to successfully compile the corpus.