To access the text type selection screen:
- click Home in the left menu, select a corpus, click the Text types link under the search box and click create new
- click create new whenever you see the subcorpus dropdown throughout the system
The following screen will be displayed:
- type the name of your subcorpus
- select the types you wish to include in your subcorpus
- you can select as many text types from as many groups as you wish
- selecting all in a group is the same as selecting none
- selected items from the same group are interpreted as OR
- selections in different groups are interpreted as AND
In the example, a document will be included in the subcorpus if it is Spoken context-governed OR Written-to-be-spoken AND at the same time it is from a Book OR Periodical.
In the free text entry box, typing a part of the value a drop down selection box will appear with suggestions. To select another option, type the pipe ‘ | ‘ and repeat the procedure. Click Documentation to view the available options.
click “Create Subcorpus” at the bottom of the page.
Note: in the case, a subcorpus will be based on the types of different structures, for example,
<book name=”My castle”>
where 12345 belongs to the ‘file’ structure and My castle to the ‘name’ structure, it must be created from concordance (OPTION 2).